Sunday, June 29, 2008

Underroonies!

Would it be completely inappropriate to post pictures of my daughter in her underroos on the internet? Probably, but I'm going to do it anyways because they are her very first underroos ever and I am so proud!

I still won't say that we're officially potty training. I try not to do anything officially (which is why she still has her bottle and her binkis. Bad Mommy!!). We have been very casually practicing with the potty for a few months and I've been so lucky. Madeline has no fears whatsoever. She loves to flush, will sit on the big toilet if I want her to, and will do all of her business in the potty chair no problem. Still, I have heard many horror stories from people who pushed their kids too hard and ended up having problems, so we have been moving very slowly. I've let Madeline make the choice of whether she wanted her diaper on or off, and if she asked for it to be put on, I'd put it right on.

The past few weeks, with the warm (hot!!) weather, we've been in nudey-butt mode whenever we 're at home and Madeline has had absolutely no problems at all. Her little pottychair is in the front room by the TV and she'll go and let us know that she's going or has gone. I think she's getting to the point I hoped she'd get to. The point where she notices how much more comfortable it is to not have a diaper on.

So we have made a big step. I took her to Target and she picked out Elmo underroos. Then I took her home and she helped put them in the washer and the dryer and was waiting for them to be done and dry. She was excited. And now I have discovered something that is cuter that toddler tush- toddler tush in Elmo underroos!

So, here she is in her very first pair of big girl underroos:


And here she is, four minutes later, in her 2nd pair:


I don't think I explained them very well, and she thought they were a type of diaper. Now she knows that she shouldn't pee on Elmo (or as she says, "no pee Elmo"). It only took 2 1/2 wet ones for her to learn to pull them down to her knees and penguin walk to the potty (now she penguin walks all over the house, and thinks it's hilarious). She's a pro.

Now that she's had a taste of freedom, I don't know if I'll ever get her to put her clothes back on.


At least she's wearing her tennies. And no, my mighty whitey doesn't have sunscreen on, but it was like 7:30 in the morning, so no worries.

I'm completely stumped as to how to proceed from here. Potty trained at home, but, umm, I'm not putting her in my car without a diaper. Or in her bed for that matter...

2 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Whoooohooooo! I love the underroos! I can't wait for the day when we have no more diapers. Way to go Jessica! She is so adorable.

When are we going to do playdate. It is WAY too hot to be trying to go to the park and to be outside.

millisa said...

sooooooo cute!!! congrats to the big girl!! potty training: there is no exact science :) sounds like what you are doing is great and working for her.... :)