Monday, June 2, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

I don't get to see Madeline sleep very often. When she's asleep, I want her to STAY asleep, so I do everything possible not to disturb her. Her bedroom's dark, the noisy fan is on, there's a note on the doorbell, I walk in socks, etc.

Her crib has to be arranged very specifically for her to go to sleep. Certain dollies have to have their heads on her pillow and covers to their chins, certain dollies have to be under the covers with her, certain toys have to be right outside her crib, she has to be covered with 2 blankets, have her sippy in her armpit, oh, and don't forget the binky, that's for sure.

The other day, I had to wake her from her nap so we could go meet family for lunch. My little sleeping angel. She didn't wake when I opened her door, so I ran and got my camera. She still hadn't woken up, so I opened her curtains a little to let some light in, braced myself, and clicked.


She woke on the first click (there were 3, just in case), but by the time she was awake enough to comprehend, I hid the camera behind my back and said Hi Baby, all innocently. I felt like I was intruding on her privacy. I know she's only 2, but how rude to wake an innocent baby with a camera in her face. I had to get that picture though. It looks like her bear got a little greedy with the pillow...

Here's another sleep-related picture. We bath her every night and she goes to sleep all clean and pretty, but nearly every morning she wakes up like this:

I don't know what she does, but that is not a clean and pretty rat's nest on the back of her head.

3 comments:

millisa said...

i'm sorry, but that rat's nest is so darn cute...i looked like that when i was a litle girl every morning too...my mom has pics like that of me; and it was tons of work for her to comb it out...i love the sleeping picture...those are the sweetest to me....tonight nolan fell asleep with a calculator in his hand...he had it b/c he couldn't play with the phone (read the "oh nolan" post)...when i laid him down, his hand lie perfectly on his tummy with his chunky little fingers holding the green sparkly calculator...i wanted SO badly to grab my camera, but i didn't, in fear it would wake him up and it had taken sooo much for him to fall asleep...

Kristy said...

That is pretty sweet Jessica! I can't believed you hid the camera, I don't think you would have been in too much trouble. I love the bed head picture! Alexee used to sport some pretty crazy bed head! The other day my neices hair looked like that, when I was getting her ready to bath I tried to "Finger" through it & couldn't. My sister in law came over & found a piece of cheese she was eating before bed TOTALLY ratted up in it. We were worried we might have to cut it out. Yummy:)

Lesley Barr Photography said...

The sleeping picture is so sweet and adorable..and I love the crazy hair!!! As for the invasion of her privacy...well I'm GUILTY of that all day long since I am a camera head too!!!

As for the sleeping with things....OMG. Shenzie has started wanting to bring certain toys to bed and then cries when she loses them or they fall out. I have banned all toys from her bed (not counting her baby bear of course), but I'm not sure how much longer I can do it. Help! Is there any way to NOT get the animals/toys/things in the cribs with them? She is already crazy enough!