Tuesday, June 3, 2008

All Done Pit-chure?

I am a wanna-be photographer. Which would be ok if I had a creative bone in my body and could think of something else to snap at other than my poor kids. Madeline takes the brunt of it, of course, since Maison is still pretty much just lying there (he's moved up to sucking on his toes, which is adorable. I'm sure I'll be posting a picture of than sometime soon). I do use the video camera to record Maison's wonderful babbling and Madeline's singing, but for the most part it's pictures. I would rather look at 3 pictures of Madeline going down a slide than at a movie of it. I think it's the facial expressions just frozen in time. She has such an expressive face & neat personality that I want a picture of every second of her life. Then if I want to watch a movie of it, I can just flip through the pictures really fast. :)


The whole every second of her life thing is what's making her tell me lately- "All done pit-chure?" Essentially she's asking me to PLEASE put the camera down and just play with her. I wouldn't be surprised if she has nightmares of a giant camera lens chasing her around (ha! that'd be payback for me having to have The Wiggles' Fruit Salad song stuck in my head constantly).

It makes me feel really bad, actually, and as soon as she asks I definitely do put it down and play with her. One of the problems is that she won't play by herself. I always have to play with her. There's really no taking candid pictures of her. Yesterday she was playing in the sprinklers (it's already so hot!), and I wanted pictures of her running around, but of course she would only stand at the edges until I would run through them with her. So no cute sprinkler running pics, just a soggy mommy.

2 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

I'm with you...while I do take videos, there is just something special about pictures. What better things to take pictures of then your adorable kids. They'll only be little once and then you can go get all creative on plants, bugs, and trees. =)

Love the slide photos. Your pictures look great!

millisa said...

jess, she is just so beautiful...