Saturday, June 21, 2008

Too Much Sad Stuff

Horrible horrible things have been happening. I don't really feel right about writing about them because the most horrible things are not directly affecting me, but I don't feel right about not mentioning them and just going on with my merry life, either. It started with some really stupid things, but now horrible things have happened.

First the stupid nothing stuff-

Last week I kept coming across things that would make me really, really sad. The first thing was when my mom told me that someone she works with's 2 year old had drowned in a pool. That jolted all of us because we're always extra paranoid about Madeline being around my parent's pool, which doesn't have a fence.

A couple days later, I was looking at this website that I've looked at briefly before, and noticed a charity link, which ended up being photos from a charity where photographers donate their time and go to prenatal ICU units to take family pictures of families with their preemie babies, most of which don't end up surviving. Looking at those pictures was very, very heart-renching.

A couple days after that, I was blog-hopping and ended up here. A blog that's chronicling day by day, a guy's life with his newborn baby- his wife past away the day after the baby was born, this April. Reading that has made me much more appreciative of my life. Warning though: probably you shouldn't follow the link if you're pregnant.

Then, this is the stupidest thing, I watch I Am Legend and am seriously upset the entire movie because his wife and daughter die at the beginning. I must have been hormonal or something.

Then the horrible things happened.

My dad's brother-in-law in Massachusetts died suddenly of a heart attack. He has 5 kids, my cousins, the oldest is my age and the youngest in high school. Now they have to go the rest of their lives missing their dad. My aunt is younger than my dad...

The same day I found out about that, I found out that my great aunt's husband has lymphoma. I only see my great aunt a couple times a year and rarely her husband, but they've been around my whole life.

Then on Friday morning, one of my dad's oldest friends was hit by a car and killed while riding his motorcycle here in town. It was the car drivers fault. I know life's not fair, but it's really scary when the unfairness gets this close to my life. He had kids and a wife and family and friends, all whose lives have now completely changed.

I don't know how to end this post, except to say that I am thinking about everyone affected by all of this unfairness. And I have been hugging my kids almost constantly.

3 comments:

millisa said...

my deepesy sympathy to you and your family jess...i am sorry all this has happened...you will definitely be in my prayers as well as the people you mentioned... keep your head up and focused on your loving husband and your beautiful babies... and one day at a time...

Angela said...

Oh Jes, I am so, so sorry. Life just isn't fair, is it? Sad stories like this puts everything that is truly important in life into perspective. And it also makes me realize that life is cut way to short for too many people. So sad. As for the baby drownings, so scary...we have already fenced our pool and I am considering putting M in swim lessons. My belief...you can never be too safe.
I'm thinking of you and your family...go kiss those babies. Love you.

Grandma GG said...

I love you, Jess.
Grandma GG