Monday, June 23, 2008

Maison at 6 Months


My 6 month old baby boy... now it's getting fun. I don't have any official stats since I always put off doctors appointments, but he's bigger than he was yesterday. He's getting a little rollie-pollie. I think he loves his cereal and he's really getting the hang of eating from a spoon. It took him a while, but he's got it down now, and when he eats, he eats a lot.


He is strong strong strong. He would much rather be standing up than sitting or laying down. He very often whines just to be stood up. This makes him one of those not-easy-to-hold-while-you're-sitting babies. We even end up standng him to burp him because he will refuse to bend at the waist. But he is starting to hold on to me while I walk with him on my hip- I love that. And I love how he scrunches his legs up into a sitting position when I pick him up to carry him.

Everything he gets his hands on goes straight into his mouth. And he looks at everything that's not in his mouth with a pretty intense I Want That in My Mouth look. If he doesn't have anything in his hands, his hands are in his mouth. He grabs for everything that is in his reach, including hair and body parts. Madeline doesn't like him to touch her because he's always grabbing and pulling. But he loves his sister. He laughs when she talks, even when she's not talking to him, and he watches everything she does. I can already hear all of the "Mom!! Tell Maison to leave me alone!!!" 's.

He loves his exersaucer thingy and knows how to work everything on it. You can see his serious concentration.


Bathtime is not a joy for him. He cries the entire time. I'm sure partly because Madeline is helping and always pretty noisy. I stuck his feet in the pool the other day and he started crying as soon as they hit the water. I tried it 3 times, he cried with each.

His hair is coming in blondish. It's very fuzzy and cute. Now I have my blond haired, blue eyed baby.

I can see his determination all ready. His determination and his impatience. When he wants to eat, he wants to eat, and he will curl up and wiggle and squirm and pull and push and flail about trying to get to the goods. And if not successful he grunts his displeasure. He has the cutest scrunched up cry face and he cries like his heart is breaking.

He loves attention and is a flirty little dude. He'll smile at someone from across the room and just keep smiling at them until they notice and start talking to him.

He's rolling like crazy. Mostly from back to front, but he's done a few full revolutions to get where he wants to go. He now sleeps on his belly.

My beautiful smiley baby boy...

3 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Wonderful photos! I especially love the one with his name (oh how I remember those letters =) )

Angela said...

Yay, happy post!
Awww...those are the name letters I made for him. Such a cute pic idea. I can't believe he is already 6 months old. Such a little cutie pie! I still see so much of Thor in Maison but I am starting to see a little of you in his eyes, if that even makes sense!

millisa said...

i LOVE this post!!!! he is just so darn cute!! and i LOVE the name with his picture in it...how did you do that..?