Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Happiest Place

Disneyland 2009. We were there for a day and a half. Next time we hope to make it three whole days so we have time for breaks and naps. We ran the kids ragged and even stayed to watch the fireworks on the first night, even though the kids were begging mercy by that time. Madeline still mentions how she saw Tinkerbell flying.

We headed over to the park after we got into town on Thursday. It was pretty dang cold. Thor even bought himself an insanely expensive sweatshirt because he got cold. And he never gets cold. That first day we mostly just rode the train, looked around, watched the parade, and watched the fireworks.

Mom and Ian went on the rockets. I didn't go on anything the first day, but I think the big kids hit the Mansion, Pirates, the rockets and the teacups.

Madeline got picked to dance in the parade. That was really fun. She even got into it and boogied down a bit.

Ian got picked to participate in the parade too. He went all around in the conga line and danced some.

That first day we made the mistake of walking to the park from the hotel, so we had to walk back, at night. It wasn't too far, but the two oldest kids were dragging butt, Madeline was asleep in the stroller, and I hauled a sleeping Maison around in the hip wrap. We were POOPED by the time we got in.

The weather forecast for Friday was not good- wind, rain and cold. But in typical weather forecasting fashion, the forecast was WRONG. The day was nice and sunny.

On Friday we decided to take the bus over, so we wouldn't have to walk back. We dressed and walked over to Ihop for breakfast. Then headed back to the hotel to catch the bus.

All day, Madeline had this look of confused excitement. Or excited confusion. She kept making the cutest all scrunched up face.

The first ride we went on that day was Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Madeline did not like it at all. Too scary. So for her, we stuck to the really simple stuff. Me and GG took her on the teacups. Which she loved once she got over the initial shock of spinning around in a giant teacup.

Then we ended up spending a lot of time in Toontown. There was lots to see for all of the kids.

I took Madeline on the cars and let her drive. She thought it was hilarious. Thor and Max were behind us and kept yelling at us to hurry up. Madeline's driving was a little rough so we kept getting thrown all over and I kept forgetting to keep the gas pedal down. Ian went in a car all by himself and was ahead of us.

Max was trepidatious about the rollercoaster rides. He went on the Haunted Mansion and Pirates and loved them, but decided to skip the log ride and the bobsled. Ian went on both rollercoasters, but skipped the Mansion.

Here are my guys as we waited (and waited, and waited) for Mom, GG, and Ian to go on the log ride. We actually ran into a friend of mine and her family from Vegas while we waited. Funny.

I didn't go on many rides, but I was perfectly happy just strolling around with the stroller. I can't wait to go back. Next time, I'm gonna have to pull the fake pregnant woman trick I saw on a commercial, where a guy stuffs his fake prego belly with tacos. The food just was not good. I can live on Churros myself, but Thor really had a problem. And I don't like to see Madeline just eat french fries for 2 days.

This is the closest to a group shot that I have.


Britt said...

Chicken nuggets are always the best to get. The kids will eat them and they're yummy to me!

Angela said...

Looks like you had a great time! I can't wait to take M there in another year or two.
Love all the pictures.
Now, where are the SD pics???=) I'm so excited to go next week I'm almost peeing my pants. Well okay, not really.