Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

My New Years resolutions are the standard ones: get more organized, take better care of myself, spend less money, blah, blah, blah. This is the first year in a many that I've even made resolutions because I hate that they never hold up. But I'm making them this year because I feel like my life just isn't where I'd like it to be right now, and I need some goals in place.

Goal #1: Exercise (actually-break-a-sweat exercise) once a week (makes me go eeewwww just thinking about it- am I the only person that HATES to exercise?).

Goal #2: Hem my 6 pairs of too long pants, so I can wear them instead of sweats, a few times per week.

Goal #3: Plan, a full month at a time: dinners, the kids' meals, my lunches, and an activity with the kids for each weekday

Goal #4: Shop Costco once a month, and major grocery shopping once a month, with weekly trips for spoilables.

Goal #5: Update my checkbook and budget worksheets once a week.


Ok, that's 5 very specific goals. I should definitely be able to manage them. We'll see how the year goes.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

jamie carter said...

those are 5 really good goals.
i just started doing jillian michaels "30 day shred". it is only 20 minutes long and she kicks your butt. (just throwing that out there for your goal #1) :)

Angela said...

Great resolutions. I too do meal planning. It makes life so much easier! I'll email you a few good websites that I have come across to help with organization.

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Those sound really close to what mine would be if I made resolutions. Good luck!

Ang, hook me up with the websites too!