Monday, December 8, 2008

Her best friend

A few minutes ago, I made Madeline go potty. She always says she needs to go and then changes her mind at the last minute, but if I don't make her go she usually wets her pants. After she had gone and was getting up, she said, "That better! Thanks asking me go pee mommy. You my best friend." and she gave me a hug.

Yeah, so sweet. Makes me smile.

And I also want to mention that we went to the dentist today for her cleaning and to see her be so big and brave and wonderfully good while strangers with scary masks and glasses put their hands and strange instruments in her mouth made me want to cry. She'd look over at me without moving her head and I'd nod at her and mouth "good girl" and she'd nod back really small at me and look back up at the ceiling. She's getting so big.

I'm going to go cry now.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Definitely a melt your heart moment. Hard to believe she will be 3 in a few months. She is such a sweetie. I remember when Marlee was born, I would look at Madeline at the time and think how big she was. Well, now that's Marlee. Hard to believe...
PS-don't cry.