Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Dragon Cake (Max's 8th B-day)

My nephew Max requested a dragon cake with lots of gumballs for his 8th birthday. I love baking and decorating cakes. Even if they look cheesy, it's still lots of fun. Ian liked his skateboard cake, but I think the part the kids liked best was that it had donuts for wheels and candy canes for axles, so my plan for Max's cake was to put lots of candy on it, so he'd love it no matter what it ended up lookin like.

I found a design online that I liked and it actually turned out super cute. I couldn't find gumballs to put on it, but I don't think Max even noticed.


Max's birthday party was a blast. He looked like he was having a great time. The boys all swam, and the kids got to wack at a pinata shaped like a fish.


And there was a fierce game of Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

Here's Ian right before he stuck the tail exactly on the donkey butt and we realized he could see out of the blindfold. He was disqualified.


Even Grandpa Merrill got in on the fun.


The cake tasted good and looked cool, whatayaknow. It was butter cake with mini M&M's and cream cheese frosting.

Madeline demonstrated how to eat it without utensils.

I don't know who this weirdo is.

We all had a great time. The kids are growing up way too fast...

2 comments:

millisa said...

jess that is so super cute! how do you do such things?! i am so jealous! i bet he really loved it and it sounds like it tasted so yummy :) oh, and i am pretty sure that "weirdo" is none other than YOUR hubby ;)

Angela said...

Very impressive Jes. How do you find the time little Martha Stewart?