Sunday, July 19, 2009

Super Grumpy Butt

That's me. Super Grumpy Butt. I think it's the heat. Almost like cabin fever or something. Stuck in the house. Not that I usually leave all that often anyways, but we could at least go outside if we wanted too. Or I could at least send the kids outside to get a breather. And when we do leave the house it takes extra effort because of the heat. And the kids just don't move fast enough for me, of course (because I'm Super Grumpy Butt).

The kids have been extra fiesty the last few days, too. Madeline is requiring constant attention and has hit a new level of brattiness. She is officially nap-less. Although every few days she has a complete meltdown and passes out in my bed at about 4 in the afternoon. Some days she does good playing in her room by herself for awhile to take a break, but I'm not pressing that too hard. This is adding to my grumpiness. I can't figure out how to function without my mid-day-kid-break. It's when I would "hhhhmmmmmmm", relax my shoulders, and get things done.

Tomorrow will be better. They go to my grandparents' house for the morning so I can get my shopping done without lugging them along. It always helps my week go smoother. Now I have to go make my lists and check my coupons...

2 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

I am right there with you on the grumpies. I'm tired, hot, and stuck inside. NOT fun! I cannot wait for Fall!!! Think you Mom would notice two more kids? I could use a break too. =)

Angela said...

I am so envious of your Monday mornings...
I am not so envious of your napless child.
I, too, am sick of the heat. Even with the pool.
When are we doing dinner??? That will cheer you up!