Friday, October 10, 2008

San Diego

I never posted about our San Diego trip nearly a whole month ago. It was wonderful and I think about it still almost every day. The weather was perfect, of course. We took Madeline to the zoo for a few hours one day to see the elephants and giraffes. She liked the person costumed as a lion the best and threw a fit when we wouldn't go back so she could give it a hug. We would have gone back if it hadn't been up a steep hill. Overall, she had a good time, plus it was some alone time with mommy & daddy, which she doesn't get much of. The outing made me realize how easy she is compared to lugging around a baby and all of the stuff that goes with him.

Thor had to fly home for one day and one night to tend to some business (which turned out to be a total waste of time, unfortunately). The day he was gone, mom & I took the kids to the Scripps Aquarium in La Jolla. It was lots smaller than I expected, and I'm not really a lover of fish (they make me go blehh..), but Madeline had a good time. She missed her nap and had a complete breakdown in the gift shop. It wasn't smart of us to overwhelm her with so many toys when she was sooooo tired. But we all survived and one of the toys she decided on was a light up shark which has saved us nearly every night since we've been home. She sleeps with it so she doesn't have to be afraid of the dark, and now I don't have to sneak into her room when she's asleep to turn off a flashlight that's wedged underneath her and 3 dolls.

Madeline love, love, loved the beach. She and Thor went down every day and played in the water and got completely soaked. I got in a little bit a couple of times, but I'm wimpy when it comes to cold water, so I just stayed on the beach. By the last day, I was finally able to get Maison to take his nap on the beach.

No comments: