Monday, August 3, 2009

Ian's skateboard cake, take 2

Ian was just a few months old when Thor and I started dating. Now he's 11 years old. 11 years! Holy cow.

Ian liked his last year's birthday cake enough to ask for a similar one for this year. He said he wanted it exactly like it was last year with donut wheels and everything. But he wanted Blind on it instead of DC. I took a design off the skateboard website and frozen buttercream transfered it. It ended up looking much better than it tasted. I picked a BAD cake/frosting combination. Add to that lots of black food coloring and it was barely edible. Max actually gagged on the frosting a little bit. But I'll just blame that on him being choked up about a sad lizard issue just a few minutes before. Sorry Ian (and everyone else)! At least it looked cool. That's all that really matters anyways, right?

His party ended up being 9 days before his actual birthday because my parents had a trip planned. So, lucky guy, got some of his presents early. Giftcards, really cool dirt bike riding gear, and a model car kit, from what I remember. Here are a few pictures from his party.


Happy birthday Ian. Now stop growing please. Love, Auntie Jessica.

3 comments:

millisa said...

jess, you are seriously so super talented! isn't it so hard to see those kiddos grow up thpugh?? my cousin is getting married this friday and i was telling her at her shower that when i started dating kevin (who she madly had a crush on) she was only eleven...and now she is getting married and is about to graduate with her PhD!!! insane. looks like he had a great party :)

Angela said...

You rock!

Kristy said...

What what a handsome little nephew you have :)
You do Rock!!!! Nice Cake!!!
Can I hire you, my boys' Bday Is October?