Monday, August 10, 2009

What we've been up to

- We took another trip up to Duck Creek. Just me and the kids. Stayed with my parents for 3 nights in the motorhome and didn't want to come back to the HEAT. I got my dirtbike on and only almost crashed into a tree three times. They were small trees. I had a helment on, I would have been ok. Madeline rode a 4 wheeler (we rented), a dirtbike (very slowly) and a horse on this trip. The kids rode a 2-wheel bike for the first time thanks to a nice camp neighbor. We saw a bazillion sheep trying to cross the highway and tried to recreate, with not as much luck as we had hoped for, Unruh dutch oven potatoes.


- I took the kids to the library for the first time. We were there right when storytime started so we decided to check it out. Madeline really liked it, although she didn't participate much. Maison ran around the room like a mad man and kept trying to climb into someone else's stroller. Madeline's first library rentals were 2 dinosaur books and the Disney Dinosaur movie.

- Ian spent a couple of days with us last week. On one we went to the mall. I'm trying to decide what we should wear for family pictures in advance this year, instead of waiting until the last minute. But I really have no idea. The second day we went to the Children's Museum. The kids had a blast. Again, Maison ran around like a mad man. The kid is hard to keep track of. He'll disappear around a corner in a flash.

- This weekend was really low key. Saturday Thor worked outside and I worked inside. We (Thor and I) had chicken and broccoli for dinner and ate outside because the weather was pretty dang nice. Then I took the kids to my moms for some swimming, and popcorn after Madeline FINALLY ate her chicken and broccoli. I forgot to feed Maison (he won't eat chicken or broccoli) so he had popcorn for dinner. Sunday we went to breakfast, then Madeline and I went to lunch with my mom and took a field trip to Target where we found lots of stuff we didn't need.

- Today Max spent the day with us. We tried to go to the park, but it was too hot and the kids wanted to go back home. Max tried out a couple of Thor's Playstation 3 games and the kids played in the backyard once it got shaded. Thor came home early and I got some grocery shopping done. I made pizza for dinner, pepperoni and red onion, then went back out to finish my shopping while the kids were in their bath. Summer nights are so nice.

1 comment:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

I am laughing over the "Unruh" Dutch oven potatoes. Nobody does them better than Papa Unruh!!

Can't wait to see what you pick our for our photo session! I know it will be awesome, you have great taste!