Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So I busted her in the lip

Today we were supposed to take Madeline to tumbling, but Maison has had a runny nose since yesterday and I chose to not spread his possible germs around and kept them both at home. But he's fine. He was crabby yesterday, but felt fine today. And his nose is even less leaky. Yesterday, he'd sneeze and snot would shoot all the way down to his shirt. I've never seen so much snot come out of a nose.

I didn't let him play outside yesterday, thinking he may be getting sick, but we were outside lots today. The weather was so nice with the clouds and all. I cleaned off the patio while the kids played. Then we came in and Madeline played with her playdoh, Maison ate some playdoh, and I hung some pictures. I think I finally have an idea of how I want to hang some of my pictures. I've been going over different layouts in my head for almost three weeks. Seriously, this stuff does not come easy. And when it does come...well...I'm not going to show what I hung.

After dinner, we went back outside to hang out. Madeline begged Thor to get the helium tank out and blow some balloons up. They like to let them go and watch them fly away. Not good for the environment, I know, and I try to tell them, but they don't care. Although I think they only let 2 go this time and one was an accident. So maybe I've made Thor feel a little, teeny, tiny bit guilty? Probably not.

Madeline handed me her balloon to hold while she got another one from Thor. I was throwing Sophie's bone for her, since she was demanding loudly that I do so (even the dog bosses me around). The balloon was in my right hand, so I had to throw with my left hand, and I somehow chucked Sophie's half-chewed rawhide bone right into Madeline's face, just feet in front of me. She was horrified. It was weird. I thought I knocked out a tooth because it was bleeding more than I expected, but it just cut the outside of her lip and underneath too. She just asked me, "Mom, what happened? Why did you do that?" I felt horrible. But she got over it quickly. And we went out front to play on the driveway, where I convinced her to let me take a picture of her fatty boombatty lip. She even put on the pitiful puppy dog face for me.

She was really well behaved the rest of the night. :)

3 comments:

millisa said...

:( poor little sweetie

Angela said...

Owie...poor thing.
Love your humor...

Kristy said...

OMG you make me laugh!!!! Poor little thing, I know it is not fun, but the way you write is perfect, I come to your blog when I am in need of a honest laugh :)